st: AW: Listing data in a user-defined layout

Subject   st: AW: Listing data in a user-defined layout
Date   Sun, 21 Jun 2009 17:56:34 +0200

<>

-display- may indeed be your best friend in this exercise...

sysuse auto, clear
forvalues i = 1/`=_N'{
	disp "Car #: `i': " _n/*
 */ make[`i']  _col(18) " with mpg: " mpg[`i'] _n/*
 */ "which is a `:lab origin `=foreign[`i']'' car" _n
}

HTH
Martin