st: Re: how to select all the numerical variable

From   Dan Blanchette <>
Subject   st: Re: how to select all the numerical variable
Date   Fri, 19 Jun 2009 13:37:49 -0400 (EDT)

So now that you have a list of all the numeric variables
in the local macro r(varlist) you need to create a -foreach- loop:

ds, has(type numeric)

foreach var of varlist `r(varlist)' {
  replace `var' = .  if `var' == 0.0001

Dan Blanchette
Research Associate
Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Duke University's Fuqua School of Business

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin Weiss" <>

sysuse auto, clear
ds, has(type numeric)
di in red "Numeric vars: `r(varlist)'"