Re: st: Possible to change the working directory automatically (for instances when work is done on different computers)?

From   Mike Wazowski <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Possible to change the working directory automatically (for instances when work is done on different computers)?
Date   Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:40:19 -0700 (PDT)

ugh, something went wrong with first reply, anyway, kieran's solution is more elegant, but for the sake of completeness:

type

cret list

you have a bunch of system values stored there, for example i have:

                  c(os) = "Windows"
               c(osdtl) = "64-bit"
        c(machine_type) = "PC (64-bit x86-64)"
           c(byteorder) = "lohi"
            c(username) = "mike"

if any value is different between the two computers, you could code something like

if c(username)=="mike" {
  di "home computer"
  cd ....
}