Re: st: dropping one unit at a time

From   "Eric A. Booth" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: dropping one unit at a time
Date   Wed, 17 Jun 2009 21:39:23 -0500

Assuming your countries are identified by some sequential id number, say 1 to 250, you could run something like:

********************

//full model
regress dv x1 x2
	outreg2 using "test.xls", replace

//models with one country dropped
foreach n of numlist 1/250 {
	regress dv x1 x2 if countryID !=`n'
	outreg2 using "test.xls", append
	}

Keep in mind that its going to keep appending models to the right of the full model until all units have been dropped once...so you may want to cut down the number being dropped if you have some other decision criteria, or break up the table created in the loop into multiple files.

~ Eric

__
Eric A. Booth
Public Policy Research Institute