st: DHS Ghana anthropometry

From   Tharshini Thangavelu <>
Subject   st: DHS Ghana anthropometry
Date   Wed, 17 Jun 2009 22:13:23 +0200 (CEST)

I was wondering if somebody can clarify which command to use for dividing values
of a anthropometric variables by 100.

I have 4 variables for anthropometry data and according to the information given
by the DHS (Demograhic and health surveys)I need to divide these variables by
100 in order to get the correct values since the anthropometry data only
contains values in the interval of [+6 -6].
If someone know which command in stata I should use to divide by 100, please it
would be a great help. But I was also wondering if I really need to divide the
variables by 100 since my intuitive reasoning says that I should be able to keep
the variables as they are and once I have done the regression analysis I can
then divide by 100. Does this make since or is my reasoning not valid?

Forskarbacken 8 / 101
114 16 Stockholm
Phone +46 (0)735 53 43 90