Re: st: upper function within the loop

From   "Eric A. Booth" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: upper function within the loop
Date   Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:38:26 -0500

Alice:

Use -findit- to install -renvars-, and then type

renvars *, upper

to make all the variables uppercase.

Eric

__
Eric A. Booth
Public Policy Research Institute
Texas A&M University
[email protected]
Office: +979.845.6754

On Jun 15, 2009, at 1:32 PM, P C wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem that needs to be solved. I have a list of variables:

w4hr5a w4hr6a w4hr7a w4hr8a w4hr9a
w4hr5b w4hr6b w4hr7b w4hr8b w4hr9b
w4hr5p w4hr6p w4hr7p w4hr8p w4hr9p

altogether there are 55 variables. All these variables' names need to be transformed into capital letters.

Should I use upper function to do the transformation? How should I use the loop to deal with this kind of situation instead of writing out the command for each of the 55 variables?

Thanks!

Alice