Re: st: 2 issues with 64-bit Stata on Mac OS X

From   Ronan Conroy <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: 2 issues with 64-bit Stata on Mac OS X
Date   Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:27:04 +0100

On 15 Meith 2009, at 12:03, Michael Hanson wrote:

I've noticed the following two issues since upgrading from the 32-bit
to 64-bit version of Stata/SE 10.1:

1. Very often when I launch Stata, I get the dialog box telling me it
has been at least 7 days since I last checked for updates.

Have you tried trashing the preferences? Stata64 messed up my preferences when I installed it, but trashing them fixed the problem.

I have also found that when you switch to Stata64 by clicking a window, not all windows come to the front. I have used the System Preferences keyboard shortcuts preference to add a keyboard command to Stata's 'bring all to front' command, but I'd like Stata to keep all the windows together in the next update.

Ronan Conroy
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Epidemiology Department,
Beaux Lane House, Dublin 2, Ireland
+353 (0)1 402 2431
+353 (0)87 799 97 95
+353 (0)1 402 2764 (Fax - remember them?)

P    Before printing, think about the environment