RE: st: -MVNP- Coefficient Estimates. How to standardize coefficients?

From   Roy Wada <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: -MVNP- Coefficient Estimates. How to standardize coefficients?
Date   Fri, 12 Jun 2009 17:17:49 -0700

I'm not even sure -mvnp- produces a regression, or where you
got it from.
Kit Baum's -betacoef- will only work for ols or ivreg. I think
there is a reason for that.
This is by hand for ols:
sysuse auto, clear
reg rep78 headroom trunk weight, beta
qui sum rep78 if e(sample)
local betaSD `r(sd)'
foreach var in headroom trunk weight {
     qui sum `var' if e(sample)==1
     di "`var'" _col(15) r(sd)/`betaSD' * _b[`var']
The same thing is calculated by outreg or outreg2.