Re: st: RE: smcl files-txt files

From   "Michael I. Lichter" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: smcl files-txt files
Date   Thu, 11 Jun 2009 16:19:43 -0400

If you have some smcl-coded text and you cannot or don't want to translate it as suggested by Gary, the more general solution to what Julie suggested is to replace text using a regular expression. In Word 2003, for example, select Edit->Replace ..., enter "\{?@\}" (without the quotes) in the "Find what:" box, click on the "More" button, click the checkbox for "Use wildcards", and then click "Replace All". This replaces everything between pairs of curly brackets, inclusive of the brackets. Of course, if the log file for any reason included curly brackets for something other than smcl, that text would be removed as well.

Michael

Julie Trivitt wrote:
I have had to deal with this before.  I found a work around, although I
suspect it is not the quickest or simplest solution.

I would open it in a text editor or Word and then use the find/replace tool.

I would find {smcl} and replace with (nothing)

Then repeat for {txt}, {res}, {sf}, {com}.... all of the nuisance characters
in the file.

Like I said, I sure it's not the most efficient fix, but I was able to get a
cleaner, useful file out of it.