RE: st: Adjusted Kaplan-Meier curves

From   "Kieran McCaul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Adjusted Kaplan-Meier curves
Date   Tue, 9 Jun 2009 10:13:54 +0800

..

When you use -adjustfor()- in -sts graph-, the survival functions are obtained from a Cox model.

Suppose you are interested in the effect of a treatment (treat, 0=no, 1=yes) adjusted for sex (0=female, 1=male).

sts graph, by(treat) adjustfor(sex)

This will produce a graph with two curves that are obtained from the baseline survival functions estimated in two Cox models:

xi:stcox i.sex if treat==0
xi:stcox i.sex if treat==1

Kieran McCaul MPH PhD
WA Centre for Health & Ageing (M573)
University of Western Australia
Level 6, Ainslie House
48 Murray St
Perth 6000
Phone: (08) 9224-2701
Fax: (08) 9224 8009
email: [email protected]
http://myprofile.cos.com/mccaul
http://www.researcherid.com/rid/B-8751-2008
Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief,
he will be satisfied with bad ones. Bertrand Russell