st: Log Normality of Dependentvar

From   Christian Weiss <>
Subject   st: Log Normality of Dependentvar
Date   Mon, 8 Jun 2009 11:38:28 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

testing my dependent var via swilk or sfrancia rejects the Null
Hypothesis of Normality.
However, using the "lnnormal" option of swilk accepts the nully
hypothesis - it seems that the dependent variable is lognormal

Suprisingly,after transformim my dependent variable by ln(var) or by
skskew0 / bcskew0, swilk still rejects the null hypothesis of

How can that be explained?