Re: st: Weight matrices

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Weight matrices
Date   Sun, 07 Jun 2009 12:50:34 -0400

Justus,
    You need to specify the purpose of the weights.   Are these sampling weights (inverse
of the probability of selection) post-stratification weights (to correct for sampling
proportions of the Census),  weights to be used for boosting regression,weights to
downweight outliers, or weights  for weighted least squares designed to address a
problem of heteroskedasticity, weights to address edge effects in spatial statistics?
In these cases, the type of weight to be used could be based on a different formula.
   Regards,
       Bob Yaffee

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.
Research Professor