Re: st: symmetrically trimmed least squares

From   Partha Deb <>
Subject   Re: st: symmetrically trimmed least squares
Date   Fri, 05 Jun 2009 11:22:32 -0400

Ken Chay has code for a bunch of different semiparametric estimators for Tobit models, including SCLS. A zip file is at linked from his page at .

Although I'm guessing Matt knows this already, a nice description of alternative estimators is in

Semiparametric Censored Regression Models, with James Powell, Journal of Economic Perspectives, Fall 2001, 29-42.

Matthew Neidell wrote:
Has anyone developed code for symmetrically trimmed least squares? I've been using CLAD, but it's a large data set with lots of regressors/dummy variables and is taking very long, so I'd like to try least squares.

*   For searches and help try:

Partha Deb
Professor of Economics
Hunter College
ph:  (212) 772-5435
fax: (212) 772-5398

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds.
	- Bob Marley