st: AW: using frequency weights with stcox

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: using frequency weights with stcox
Date   Fri, 29 May 2009 09:07:51 +0200

As -h stcox- says: "fweights, iweights, and pweights may be specified using stset". BTW, what is -xi- in your command good for if there is no term to expand?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [] Im Auftrag von Michael Eisenberg
Gesendet: Freitag, 29. Mai 2009 07:23
Betreff: st: using frequency weights with stcox

Dear all,

I am attempting to perform an analysis bases on propensity scores.
After running psmatch2 which generates propensity scores and matches
cases and controls, I'd like to run a cox proportional hazards model.
The match works in such a way that some controls are counted more than
once for the final analysis.  I would like to be able to incorporate
the weights into my cox model, but when I type
xi: stcox y1 x1 x2 x3 [fw=_weight]

I get the message
weights not allowed

A logistic model works without problems.

Are weights not allowed with the stcox command?

If not, are there any clever ways around this?

Thank you in advance.