st: bpagan test after xtreg?

From   P K <>
Subject   st: bpagan test after xtreg?
Date   Wed, 20 May 2009 10:51:38 -0700 (PDT)

I run the Breusch-Pagan Lagrange multiplier test for heteroscedasticity after a random effects panel model.
However, it does not work in STATA - I get the error message

last estimates not found

Is the bpagan test not feasible after the xtreg command (ie can it only be used after the regress command?)? I read in several papers that
people used it after the xtreg command, too.

If feasible, do I have to store the estimates before running the bpagan option? If so, how?