Re: st: GJR-GARCH

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: GJR-GARCH
Date   Wed, 20 May 2009 11:05:21 -0400

Beatrice,
    The threshold GARCH in Stata can be found in Jean-Michel Zakoian's article,
entitled Threshold heteroskedastic models (1994), in the Journal of Economic
Dynamics and Control 18, 931-955.  In that article, he specifies his
model as based on the conditional standard deviation rather than the conditional
variance.   The model is designed to capture the asymmetric character of the
volatility.
      Regards,
            Bob Yaffee

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.