st: AW: from value to varnames

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: from value to varnames
Date   Mon, 18 May 2009 22:55:16 +0200

input str10 field	 str5	cat order
namea		A	1
nameb B 2
namec F 5
named T 12

list, noobs

forv i=1/`=_N'{
	egen `=field[`i']' = concat(cat order)

//counter to -replace- redundant stuff...
local cou =0

foreach var of varlist nam*{
	loc ++cou
	replace `var'="" if _n!=`cou'