RE: st: AW: password

From   "Visintainer PhD, Paul" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: AW: password
Date   Mon, 18 May 2009 14:43:44 -0400

Thanks Austin and Martin.

The question came from our institutional review board who wanted to know whether our analytic data files are passworded.  The example they gave me was Excel and Access, which can password databases. Some of the files where data are stored are shared drives.  I don't think that a single password will prevent access, but at least may deter it.  I couldn't find anything from a Stata search, so I didn't think the capacity existed.

I know there are other ways to deter access (e.g., passwording folders or assigning individual drives which must be logged into).  We'll have to explore these.

-p

Paul F. Visintainer, PhD
Baystate Health System
280 Chestnut Street