st: AW: password

Subject   st: AW: password
Date   Mon, 18 May 2009 18:18:49 +0200

<>

Never heard of such a facility. (You can verify integrity via -help
datasignature-.) If I had to protect a dta with a password, I would use an
external zip program and add a password to the zip file. Also, dtas shrink
considerably when zipped...

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Visintainer
PhD, Paul
Gesendet: Montag, 18. Mai 2009 17:35
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: password

Does Stata have a capacity for passwording data files?

Thanks.

_____________________
Paul F. Visintainer, PhD
Baystate Health System
280 Chestnut Street
Springfield, MA 01199
(T)  413.794.7686
(F) 413.794.7689

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication and any attachments may
contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the
designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error
and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of
it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please reply to the sender immediately or by telephone at (413)
794-0000 and destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments.
For further information regarding Baystate Health's privacy policy, please
visit our Internet web site at http://www.baystatehealth.com.