st: sts graph without title

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: sts graph without title
Date   Mon, 18 May 2009 09:59:50 +0200

Hallo,
I could not find a solution to this, and would be grateful if anyone could point out my mistake. I would like to get rid of the default title and note that Stata produces with sts graph. Following the help file and this great graphics book of Michael Mitchell, this should be specified as an option of by.
I tried the following command:

sts graph, by (country, title("") note("")) separate scheme(lean2) xtitle("Analysis Time")

I always get the following error message:

by() does not contain a valid varlist
r(198);

The command works perfectly without the title and note option, so there is no problem with the variable as such. I am using Stata 10.1.

I am about to get rid of it manually using the editor. Still, I would be really interested to learn what I did wrong.
Thanks a lot, best,
Tanja