Re: st: IPF troubles

From   Tirthankar Chakravarty <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: IPF troubles
Date   Fri, 15 May 2009 15:52:22 +0100

It does work:

/* begin */
clear
input str6 gender str8 party wgt
male democrat 55
male repub 65
female democrat 50
female repub 30
end
encode gender, gen(numgender)
encode party, gen(numparty)
ipf [fweight = wgt], fit(numgender + numparty)
/* end */

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Adrian Mander
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> IPF requires that the gender and party variables need to be numeric.
> I shall tighten up this code but in the mean time use numbers for gender and
> party and it should work
>
> cheers
> Ade
>
> Andrew Criswell wrote:
>>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> This seems like a straight forward example. But I don't understand why
>> it fails. I am using version 10.1
>>
>> input str6 gender str8 party wgt
>> gender party wgt
>> male democrat 55
>> male repub 65
>> female democrat 50
>> female repub 30
>> end
>>
>> . ipf [fweight = wgt], fit(gender + party)
>> Deleting all matrices......
>>
>> Expansion of the various marginal models
>> marginal model 1 varlist :  gender
>> marginal model 2 varlist :  party
>> type mismatch
>> r(109);
>>
>> end of do-file
>>
>> r(109);
>>
>> .
>>

> --
> Dr Adrian Mander
> Leader of Cambridge Hub in Trials Methodology Research
> MRC Biostatistics Unit    Institute of Public Health University Forvie Site
>    Cambridge CB2 0SR
>
> Tel: 01223 330370       Fax: 01223 330365
>
> *
> *   For searches and help try:

To every ω-consistent recursive class κ of formulae there correspond
recursive class signs r, such that neither v Gen r nor Neg(v Gen r)
belongs to Flg(κ) (where v is the free variable of r).