RE: Re: st: MCA (multiple correspondence analysis), identifying groups

From   jverkuilen <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: Re: st: MCA (multiple correspondence analysis), identifying groups
Date   Thu, 14 May 2009 16:31:08 -0400

Classic MCA just involves the singular value decomposition. (Joint CA is a bit trickier because it usually involves an alternating least squares to remove the effect of the main diagonal.)

So you may be able to trick -biplot- to generate the relevant object scores if you code up the indicator matrix yourself, e.g., by using -xi-. I am not near the manuals to check.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Sent: 5/12/2009 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: Re: st: MCA (multiple correspondence analysis),  identifying groups

BTW, something may have changed since my version, but you should be able to download a full version of SPSS (working for 30 days *only*). The problem with -mca- is that it doesn't save transformed data (i.e. the values that each observation takes on your new three dimensions), but some more knowledged with programming should be able to help you to calculate them based on the statements in the ado file.
Nicola