st: prediction using a random effects logit

From   Xiaodong Chen <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: prediction using a random effects logit
Date   Tue, 12 May 2009 11:32:52 -0400

Hi stata users,

I want to apply a random effects logit model to predict the
probability for observations where the dichotomous outcomes are not
observed. If I assume no random effects in the prediction, I can
simply use "exp(xb)/(1+exp(xb))". If I do not assume no random
effects, I can use “gllamm y x1 … xk, i(clusterid) link(logit)
family(binom) nip(30) adapt” and “gllapred pr, mu” to predict the
probability for observations where the dichotomous outcomes are
observed. But how can I predict the probability for observations where
the dichotomous outcomes are NOT observed without assuming that there
is no random effects?

Thanks,
Xiaodong