st: Re: About cumul command

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: About cumul command
Date   Sun, 10 May 2009 09:46:01 +0200

sysuse citytemp, clear
cumul tempjan, gen(cjan)
cumul tempjuly, gen(cjuly)
stack cjan tempjan cjuly tempjuly, ///
into(c temp) wide clear

//first in blue, second in navy
twoway (line cjan temp, sort lcolor(blue)) ///
(line cjuly temp, sort lcolor(navy))

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeetendra Aryal" <>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2009 12:53 AM
Subject: st: About cumul command

In order to compare if the cummulative distribution function of yield are different between two caste groups, I used the follwing command:
cumul yield if caste==0, gen(highcaste)
cumul yield if caste==1, gen(lowcaste)
stack highcast yield lowcast yield, into(c productivity) wide clear
line highcast lowcast productivity, sort ytitle("CDF")

The command produced the desired result. BUT, I like to know if there is any way to change the color of the graph (or mark symbol) it produces because there are two CDFs. I tried to use option (mcolor), but it says that option is not allowed.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Warm regards,
Jeetendra Aryal