st: bootstrap test for ineqdeco comparison

From   Gianluca Cafiso <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: bootstrap test for ineqdeco comparison
Date   Fri, 08 May 2009 13:50:56 +0200

Dear All,

I need to test if the concentration index (CI) for a sample of
geo-units has changed over time trough a bootstrap procedure. I have the employment value for the
same geo-units in two different points in time, I want to test if the
CI in t1 is equal to the CI in t2 (as done in Brulhart+Traeger 2005).

To compute the index, I have used the "ineqdeco" routine separately
on the Employment variable for t1 and then on the one for t2.

However, I do not know how to implement the bootstrap test. Because, I cannot write the command:

bootstrap diff=(r(ge1)"t1"-r(ge1)"t2"), reps(#): ineqdeco emp, by(id)

since ineqdeco computes only one CI, the one for the variable
listed and I cannot indicate the two different periods.

I guess that this is similar to the case when one wants to test if
the sample mean changes over time through a bootstrap test. Indeed,
sum "var", generates only one value even if one would like to differentiate between two clusters of "var".

Can anyone provide me with suggestions?

Thanks, Gianluca Cafiso.

Università di Catania - C.E.A.
Servizio di Posta Elettronica