Statalist

st: RE: Backward or Forward selection of variables in cox regression

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Backward or Forward selection of variables in cox regression
Date   Thu, 7 May 2009 19:17:06 +0100

The usual term is Cox regression.

You can use -stepwise- with -stcox-. It's a very bad idea, but it is
possible. See Frank Harrell, Regression modeling strategies, Springer,
NY, 2001.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Deepa Aggarwal

I am using stcox command of Stata for the longitudinal analysis in time
varying cox regression. Is there any command with which I can do