Re: st: re: tsset with non-integers

From   Eva Poen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: re: tsset with non-integers
Date   Thu, 7 May 2009 17:31:47 +0100

Frank,

please tell us what you don't understand about the replies you have
got so far. Kit gave recommendations for testing for autocorrelation
in residuals. If it is serial correlation that you are after, you have
time series (or panel) data, and should tell Stata about it, using the
-tsset- command. See -help tsset-.

If it is not serial correlation but some other kind of dependence, you
need to be more specific about the type of data you have.

Kit discouraged the use of -durbinh-, but if you insist on using it
anyway, you need to -tsset- your data first. In any case, residuals
are very unlikely to be integers. Your _time_ variable (e.g. years or
quarters or months)  could be integer. But that has nothing to do with
your residuals.

Eva