Re: st: Conditional survival analysis with cancer registry data

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Conditional survival analysis with cancer registry data
Date   Tue, 5 May 2009 10:48:55 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Tue, 5/5/09, Ceilidh Stapelkamp wrote:
> Can anyone provide some guidance on how to perform a
> conditional survival analysis using STATA for patients in
> a cancer registry who enter the sample on their date of
> diagnosis. During the 10 year follow up, where date of
> death is not available we assume survival. I would like
> to see how probability of survival changes for different
> categories of patients (age, stage, treatment received) if
> they survive 1 year after diagnosis, then 2 years after,
> then 3 etc.

This is an excelent book, both on suvival analysis and on how
to do it in Stata:

Stephen Jenkins has a lot of material on the website of his
course on survival analysis with Stata:

ATS is a good site too:

Finally I wrote a short introduction on Survival Analysis:

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen