st: Predicted probabilities after xtlogit

From   bparsons <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Predicted probabilities after xtlogit
Date   Sat, 2 May 2009 12:35:00 -0500

Dear Statalist,

How can I generate predicted probabilities after using the xtlogit command? I ran my model with action as my DV then
.predict paction
.gen paction2 = exp(paction)/(1+exp(paction))

As I understand it, the paction2 column should be my predicted probabilities. However, my results don't make sense with the data I'm using. My action variable is dichotomous and the predicted values are not equal to 1, even when the action variable is 1.

I wasn't able to make sense of the responses to this thread:
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2003-09/msg00543.html

... but if that is the correct way to do it and someone can explain it in a different way, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thank you,
Barbara Fenton