Re: st: SVY: tab with three variables

Subject   Re: st: SVY: tab with three variables
Date   Fri, 1 May 2009 11:46:51 -0400

Adebola Odunlami <[email protected]>:

In re Steven's point (2): If one group is not asked the question, it
is not a big deal IMHO.  Using subpop or not will give the same answer
when the variable is missing outside the subpop, in general.

In re Steven's point (3): you might want the se or ci option in
addition to row option, so that the row proportions are saved in e(b)
and you can test hypotheses across rows, e.g.

clear
webuse nhanes2
svyset
svy: tab black diab, row ci
test _b[p22]=_b[p12]
svy, subpop(if age>59): tab black diab, row ci
test _b[p22]=_b[p12]
replace diab=. if age<=59
svy: tab black diab, row ci
test _b[p22]=_b[p12]