st: Re: temporal disaggregation - NOW -denton-

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: temporal disaggregation - NOW -denton-
Date   Thu, 30 Apr 2009 06:40:20 -0400

<>
It does not matter whether you use logs or not. -denton- forces the constructed quarterly estimates to add up to the annual estimate. Whether you express the annual estimate in log or level terms does not affect that algebra.

You can only use one indicator, but if you had more than one, you could combine them with principal components. If you had three, form the principal components of those three variables and use the first one as the indicator.

An Introduction to Stata Programming | http://www.stata-press.com/books/isp.html