Re: st: sensitivity analysis following xtgee?

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: sensitivity analysis following xtgee?
Date   Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:49:46 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Wed, 29/4/09, Allison Milner wrote:
> I am trying to better understand sensitivity analysis
> following my XTGEE estimation for 73 countries. So far, I
> have tried to include alternate control variables, regional
> dummy variables (geographic location), and year dummy
> variables into the analysis. I have also tried to use a
> different correlation structure (eg. ar) in the xtgee and
> also use a FE and RE model. Is there anything other ways in
> which I can conduct sensitivity analysis? Is there something
> I am missing/doing wrong?

You can always add more and different models to a sensitivity
analysis, so the trick is not to try to be exhaustive, because
than you will always fail. Instead you should define a set of
potential problems with your models that you care about and
from that derive a set of models that make reasonable but
different assumptions about these problems. When writing it up
you should make the argument that these models capture a
reasonable range of possible assumptions concerning the problems
you care about.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie