st: AW: R-squared after -heckman- or -treatreg-

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: R-squared after -heckman- or -treatreg-
Date   Tue, 28 Apr 2009 15:00:16 +0200

When you type

estat ic

after estimation, you do get model criteria which allow you to compare them
with competing models. Apart from that, in my experience, there is always a
good reason for Stata not to hand out a certain number for a certain

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Shehzad Ali
Gesendet: Dienstag, 28. April 2009 14:51
An: Stata List
Betreff: st: R-squared after -heckman- or -treatreg-

Hi listers,

Can someone please advise on why -heckman- and -treatreg- don't report
R-squared values? Also is it possible to get R-squared even if the standard
output doesn't report it? I want to compare two models in terms of their
explained variance. Is there a solution to this?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,