st: Estimating Power law distributions

From   emanuele canegrati <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Estimating Power law distributions
Date   Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:13:28 +0200

Dear Stata users,
I have to check if the cumulative distribution of a series, say Sj, is consistent with a power law, say Prob{S>x} distas x*exp(-aSj). I should normalize my series by transforming it to zero mean and unit s.d. Then I should evaluate the value for the exponent aSj. Do you know how to do it?
Thank you.
Emanuele Canegrati, Ph.D.