Re: st: imputing continuous values when respondents select categories, e.g., income category

From   Alan Acock <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: imputing continuous values when respondents select categories, e.g., income category
Date   Fri, 24 Apr 2009 20:23:56 -0700

Richard Williams asked if I want to impute missing values or to plug in values within each interval, as opposed to assigning everybody the midpoint of the interval they select.
The latter is what I want to do and it appears that the intreg command with the ystar(a,b) option in the post estimation commands is exactly what I should use. This treats income as the dependent variable, but once we estimate the value we can use that as an independent variable in other models. At least this is my understanding.

--Alan Acock