st: Formatting variables in ice

Subject   st: Formatting variables in ice
Date   Fri, 24 Apr 2009 12:15:24 -0400

Dear All,

I am new to Stata, and using version 10.0. I plan to use the ice procedure for the missing values of variables, which are MAR. All values are means of variables scaled on a continuous metric. There are no missing values of the criterion variable. The predictor variables have some missing values. However, the ice dry run suggests for example, mlogit for a variable that has only four values, but those values are means derived from ratings along a continuous scale. So should I change the mlogit to regress? I greatly appreciate any thoughts on building the appropriate imputation model using ice. Thank you.

Best regards,