Re: st: RE: Goodness of fit measure akin to R-squared for 0-constant or noconstant

From   Bas de Goei <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Goodness of fit measure akin to R-squared for 0-constant or noconstant
Date   Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:33:50 +0100

oops...well, I should have been clearer indeed. You're right that it
is supposed to be growth of GDP predicting growth of Jewellery demand.

0 growth of GDP should be on pure economic grounds equal 0 growth in
jewellery demand, or at least never positive - the forecast resulting
from this corresponds very well with our expectations on where it
would sit amongst other countries.

Durbin Watson has been defined without intercept (as far as I
understand), but you'd have to use a different table for the upper and
lower bound. Please see here for a reference:

http://www.nd.edu/~wevans1/econ30331/Durbin_Watson_tables.pdf

I re-calculated R-squared with Kvalseth's preferred method (see
reference below: thanks Nick), which works fine for normal OLS without
a constant.

I am now trying to make it work with the AR(1) regression that results
from the Prais command in Stata. I have some problems with how to
treat the Rho in Kvalseths formula. Any ideas?