st: Re: Capturing RMSE after MC Simulations

Subject   st: Re: Capturing RMSE after MC Simulations
Date   Thu, 23 Apr 2009 20:15:07 +0200

<>

Well, -ivprobit- does not return e(rmse)... Note that you can use the returned values of -ivprobit- for the -simulate- command.

****
global numobs 500             // sample size N
global numsims "50"         // number of simulations
set seed 123456789

capture program drop endoprob

program endoprob // , rclass
version 10.1
drop _all
set obs $numobs
   generate u = rnormal(0)
   generate mu = rnormal(0)
   //generate x = rnormal(0)
   generate z1 = rnormal(0)   // 4 Instruements
   generate z2 = rnormal(0)
   generate z3 = rnormal(0)
   generate z4 = rnormal(0)
   // Also be written *drawnorm u mu x1 z1 z2 z3 z4
   generate a = 0.5*u
   generate x = z1 + a
   regress x  z1   // endogenous regressor with four instruments

   predict px

   generate y = 0.5 + px + mu + u>4    //Reduced Form Equation
   ivprobit y (x= z1)
end
simulate _b _se , ///
   reps($numsims): endoprob