Re: st: mim: xtmixed for unconditional models

From   Nailing Xia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: mim: xtmixed for unconditional models
Date   Thu, 23 Apr 2009 09:33:06 -0400

Thanks, Maarten. I did what you suggested, and it happens that when
estimating the third imputed dataset, it keeps doing the iterations -
showing "Iteration xx: log restricted-likelihood = -xx.xx (backed up)"
again and again. I guess this is the sign for the model being
unidentified in the third dataset?

However, even if I drop the third imputed dataset, there is another
problem with other imputed datasets. The result only includes
coefficient and standard error for the intercept, and coefficients for
the random components, but no standard errors for the random effects
parameters. It also shows a warning, saying that "convergence not
achieved; estimates are based on iterated EM". Is this also an
identification problem? What can I do about it?

Thanks!