st: RE: AW: adding ammounts

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: AW: adding ammounts
Date   Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:30:41 +0100

Martin gave good advice on Ana's first question.

Ana's second question looks unanswerable to me without some exact
specification of of her data and what she typed.

Martin Weiss

Much rides on the form of your data. If you could give an excerpt, that
would be great. Look at -egen, rowtotal()-, -egen, total()- and the -by-
prefix for solutions. Also, as always in such cases, Nick`s

Ana Gabriela Guerrero Serdan

I am trying to caluculate the total income value for each household in a
survey. I have around 30 categories of income.

Is there a simple way to do so?

I am using the + operator and Stata reports only zeros. Do you know why?