RE: st: AW: omit regression coefficients in output

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: AW: omit regression coefficients in output
Date   Mon, 20 Apr 2009 17:16:22 +0100

My very small contribution to this thread was intended as a joke, but
was also intended to express some surprise at the idea of omitting
coefficients from your report. Tony fills that idea out.

Lachenbruch, Peter [Tony]

In all this thread, I'm becoming a bit worried about the scientific
validity of what is being proposed.  If you want the regression omitting
the variables, that is, of course, trivial.  If you don't want to report
coefficients in a publication, that seems to lead to the level of
misleading your readers - so it would be crucial to note that you have
suppressed some coefficients.  Otherwise, people might assume those
variables were not included in the regression at all!  Be very careful
about this

John Bunge

sorry if i made myself not clear, but i only want to omit SOME of the
regressor, not the whole table!

Nick Cox

> -quietly regress- is one way to do it....

John Bunge