Re: st: RE: Stata equivalent to st_matrixcolstripe?

From   Thomas Jacobs <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Stata equivalent to st_matrixcolstripe?
Date   Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:18:14 -0500

Nick and Martin,

Thanks for the quick replies.  I never have any luck searching for and
"discovering" posts like that exchange Nick shared which was basically
a clinic on this question to include the one mata method I had already
reinvented.  To extend Martin's suggestion from Roy Wada's reply in
the exchange:

dis "`: word 1 of `:colname e(b)''"

gave me exactly what I needed.  Thanks again.

Tom

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Nick Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
> Jacob Wegelin started a thread on extracting row names on 1 April:
>
> <http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/lwgate/STATALIST/archives/statalist
> .0904/Date/article-50.html>
>
> Just transpose the answers!
>
> Nick
> [email protected]
>
> Thomas Jacobs
>
> Is there an equivalent stata command to the mata command
> st_matrixcolstripe?
>
> I am trying to access the column names in e(b) after a stata
> regression command but have been unable to do so.  I have done it in
> mata via
> st_matrixcolstripe("e(b)").
>

> *
> *   For searches and help try: