RE: st: transparent background with graph for powerpoint

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: transparent background with graph for powerpoint
Date   Wed, 15 Apr 2009 08:34:48 +0100

I have found that a graph with a transparent background can be created on a
PC from Stata 9 in PowerPoint as follows:

1. In Stata select the graph export command to export the graph to a .wmf
file type e.g:  graph export C:\Data\Graphs\filename.wmf, replace
2. Select Insert then Picture and navigate to insert the graph filename.wmf
into PowerPoint
3. Right click and select Edit Picture
4. When asked if you want to convert to a  MS drawing object, select yes
5. Select the graph and fully ungroup the objects in the graph
6. Select a blank space in the graph, and when an area object is highlighted
with the handles (usually it is rectangular) delete the object selected
7. Repeat process 6 to remove all such area objects (usually  2 to 3 layers
need to be removed)
8. Select an object in the graph and regroup fully.
Note: Combination graphs have area objects for each graph combined, so
select areas to delete in each combined graph row and column.
Note: This general procedure can be used to edit any object in a graph.
Note: To check that regroup has captured all objects you can delete the
graph to see nothing is left behind, then  undo the delete to return the
graph
Note: If the graph area is too large for the slide after inserting into
PowerPoint, double left click the graph, in the Format Picture dialog box
select the size tab, then select smaller height and width values (beforehand
lock the aspect ratio if not already locked).

See if this works for you.

Geoffrey Livesey B.Sc., Ph.D., R.P.H.Nutr.
Registered Public Health Nutritionist

Intelligent Nutrition and Health Research and Review
Commissioned by Industry, Government, and Academia

Member of SENSE, Professional Nutrition Consultants
www.sense-nutrition.org.uk
Member of ACUMENTIA, Professional Bioscience Consultants   www.acumentia.com

INDEPENDENT NUTRITION LOGIC (INLogic) Ltd
NUTRITION RESEARCH MANAGEMENT AND CONSULTANCY
Limited Company registered in England and Wales Number 4991400
VAT Registration Number GB 731 9065 38
Tel:       +44-1953-606689
Mobile:  +44-7990-964609
Fax:      +44-1953-600218