re: general -adoupdate- issue [was: st: xtabond2 update issue]

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   re: general -adoupdate- issue [was: st: xtabond2 update issue]
Date   Tue, 14 Apr 2009 21:32:17 -0400

Bill said
...I assume the same problem is occurring with texdoc, but I did not trace
it down.

I've written to Kit Baum about the problem.

As Kit is about to have to spend time tracking down the problem on his end,...

No big deal to find and fix -- just a missed update step with respect to xtabond2, texdoc and a couple of other packages. Thankfully Bill Gould provided me with a program (Stata command) that looks for any such discrepancies some time ago, and I have rerun it to locate the glitches.

I also rebuilt the HTML help files today, available at ????.html (for instance, /s/somersd.html or /x/xtabond2.html). Dan Blanchette suggested that I should add those HTML files to the SSC Archive pages on IDEAS and EconPapers so that people wouldn't have to remember the URLs; someday I will do that. It takes a bit of programming to add that info to the RePEc templates.

An Introduction to Stata Programming |