st: reshape wide - conversion problem

From   John Henshaw <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: reshape wide - conversion problem
Date   Sun, 12 Apr 2009 15:46:14 +1000

I am studying monthly opioid use (opioid_id) and haelthcare use (contacts) in the community.
My data is in long form but I wish to declare it as panel data and need to convert to wide form.
I have a unique opioid_id but my contacts variables for each opioid_id are often not unique.
Therefore i(opioid_id) j(contacts) is not unique and reshape wide fails
Is there a solution to this?

Thankyou John Henshaw (University of Tasmania)