Re: st: spatial weighting matrix

From   max r <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: spatial weighting matrix
Date   Wed, 8 Apr 2009 15:08:58 -0400

Kyle and Nick,

Thank you for the suggestions. This is what I have done since the last
email. Some one pointed me towards a spatial analysis software "GEODA"
- it's free, and does spatially weighted regressions. I have linked
the cross sectional version of my panel to a parcel map, after some
tinkering around, was able to use this software to create queen
contiguity weighting matrix. The weighting matrix is stored ".gal" or
".gwt" format , I currently wondering how to export the information
about neighbors back into STATA.

If my understand is correct, the weighting matrix, has i x i
dimension, i= parcel, a cell value at the intersection of row I and
column 2, takes 1 if parcel 1 is adjacent to parcel 2, and so on.

thanks,
Max