Statalist

AW: st: AW: How to add the same block of data to every individual

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   AW: st: AW: How to add the same block of data to every individual
Date   Wed, 8 Apr 2009 17:47:55 +0200

Von: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. April 2009 17:42
An: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Betreff: Re: st: AW: How to add the same block of data to every individual

save `"`mrg'"'
restore
joinby using `"`mrg'"'
drop dummy
sort id y
list, sepby(id)

Best wishes,
   Sergiy Radyakin

PS: variable dummy (substitute any name, which is not in either of
your datasets) is needed here because otherwise Stata complains that
there is no common variable to join by. Perhaps it is a sensible
default behaviour, when there is nothing to join by, just attach one
dataset to each observation of the other??