st: further question about competing risks using Lunn & McNeil method

From   natalie chan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: further question about competing risks using Lunn & McNeil method
Date   Sun, 5 Apr 2009 22:56:57 +0100

Dear Enzo, Phil and other statalisters,

I've got another question about competing risks in Stata and would be
grateful if anyone could help.

I am trying to use Lunn & McNeil (1995) method. My dataset has about
3500 subjects and 30000 observations, each subject having multiple
records.

I expanded the data according to the method described in Lunn &
McNeil. But, when I was trying to -stset-, there is a problem. Seems
-stset- only allows one record for one id-time entry, the duplicated
rows are recognised as "overlapping records".

Here is the message from Stata output:

  30567  total obs.
      61134  overlapping records (time1[_n-1]>time0)              PROBABLE ERROR

Does anyone have any solution to this?

Many thanks.

Best

Natalie