st: Matrix manipulation help

From   "Susan Olivia" <>
Subject   st: Matrix manipulation help
Date   Wed, 01 Apr 2009 16:11:57 -0700

Dear all,

I would like to create a binary matrix (say matrix B) using
the existing information from current matrix A.

Specifically, for each cell (i,j) of matrix B, I want to
replace its value with 1 if the value of the corresponding
cell (i,j) of matrix A is within its k-th nearest neighbors
value; and 0 otherwise.

I only can get to the point where replacing each cell of
matrix B to 1 if the value of the corresponding cell of
matrix A is < THRESHOLD. Below is what am currently
experimenting with. If I can get any tips how to efficiently
improve the current code and correctly handle this, I
greatly appreciate it.

local N=_N

mkmat var1-var100, matrix(DistMatrix)

matrix AAA=DistMatrix