Re: st: Re: Re: dates in stata

From   "E. Paul Wileyto" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: Re: dates in stata
Date   Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:42:44 -0400

Did this date function work the same way in Stata 8 or 9?... or was it
more limited?

I suggested to Lisa other notations such as

gen dateval=date( event_date, "D M 20Y")

Any thoughts?

Paul

Martin Weiss wrote:
> <>
>
> Lisa requested additional information in a private email to me. She
> said that Paul`s help did not solve her problem and that she ended up
> with all missings for the string-to-date transformed variable. I
> recreate her prob below, it works perfectly for me...
>
> ****
> clear*
> inp str15 company_id str20 event_date
> Nintendo  "9 May 2006        "